Duchess solitaire rules
Play all cards into the foundation piles.
- The 4 foundation piles are built upward in suit consecutively, with Aces built onto Kings.
- A pile is complete when it contains 13 cards.
- The first card played into a foundation pile must have the same rank as the first reserve card played into a foundation.
4 reserve fans of 3 cards each are dealt at the start of the game. The top cards are available for play. A reserve card must be played into a foundation as the first move of the game, which establishes the first rank of all foundation piles.
- The 4 tableau columns are built downward in alternating color.
- Only entire columns are playable within the tableau, partial columns cannot be moved.
- Only uncovered tableau cards may be built onto foundation piles.
- Empty tableau spaces may be filled from the reserve, or from the waste pile if the reserve is empty.
Cards are dealt 1 at a time from the stock pile to the waste pile. 1 redeal.
The top card of the waste pile is available for play.
Every card played into the foundations will score.