Canfield solitaire rules
Play all cards into the foundation piles.
- The 4 foundation piles are built upward in suit consecutively, with Aces built onto Kings.
- A pile is complete when it contains 13 cards.
- The first foundation card dealt when the game starts sets the initial rank for all foundation piles.
- The 4 tableau columns are built downward in alternating color consecutively, with Aces built onto Kings.
- Only column end cards or entire columns are available for play. Partial columns are not movable.
- Only column end cards may be built onto foundation piles.
- Empty tableau spaces are automatically filled with the top card of the reserve pile. If the reserve pile is empty, the top card of the waste pile may be used.
13 cards are dealt into the reserve pile at the start of the game. The top card is available for play.
Cards are dealt 3 at a time from the stock pile to the waste pile. Unlimited redeals.
The top card of the waste pile is available for play.
Every card played into the foundations will score.