Grandfather's Patience solitaire rules
Play all cards into the foundation piles.
The 8 foundation piles are divided into 2 groups:
- The 4 left foundation piles are built upward in suit from Aces to Kings, 1 pile of each suit.
- The 4 right foundation piles are built downward in suit from Kings to Aces, 1 pile of each suit.
- The 20 tableau columns are built on from the waste pile regardless of rank, suit, or color.
- A column cannot contain more than two cards.
- The end cards are available for play onto foundations.
- Empty tableau spaces are automatically filled with the top card of the stock, or from the waste pile if the stock is empty.
Cards are dealt 1 at a time from the stock pile to the waste pile. 1 redeal.
The top card of the waste pile is available for play.
Every card played into the foundations will score.