Unlucky Thirteen solitaire rules
Play all cards into the foundation piles.
- The 8 foundation piles are built upward in suit consecutively, with Aces built onto Kings.
- A pile is complete when it contains 13 cards.
- The first card played into a foundation pile must have the same rank as the card dealt into the first foundation pile when the game started.
- The 8 tableau columns are built downward regardless of suit or color consecutively, with Kings built onto Aces.
- Any downward card sequence may be moved within the tableau.
- Uncovered end cards are available for play on tableau columns or foundation piles.
- Any card may be played into an empty tableau space.
- The 13 reserve spaces each hold one card.
- All reserve cards are available for play.
- Empty reserve spaces are automatically filled from the stock.
The top card of the stock is available for play.
- Cards from the stock may be placed on any of the 8 waste piles.
- Top cards are available for play.
Every card played into the foundations will score.