New York solitaire rules
Play all cards into the foundation piles.
- The 8 foundation piles are built upward in suit consecutively, with Aces built onto Kings.
- A pile is complete when it contains 13 cards.
- The first card played into a foundation pile must have the same rank as the card dealt into the first foundation pile when the game started.
- The 8 tableau columns are built downward in alternating color consecutively, with Aces built onto Kings.
- Uncovered end cards are available for play.
- Empty tableau spaces may be filled by any card only from the stock or waste piles.
The top card of the stock is available for play onto foundation piles, tableau columns, or waste piles.
Cards from the stock may be placed on any of the 3 waste piles. The top cards are available for play.
Every card played into the foundations will score.