Virginia Reel solitaire rules
Play all cards into the foundation piles.
The 24 foundation piles are built upward in suit by threes. The piles are divided into 3 rows:
- 8 piles in the top row are built from Twos to Jacks:
- 8 piles in the middle row are built from Threes to Queens:
- 8 piles in the bottom row are built from Fours to Kings:
- Top cards are available for play.
- Twos, Threes and Fours may be exchanged between foundation rows if both cards end up on correct foundation piles. Drag a card onto another to exchange.
- A Two, Three and Four are dealt into the leftmost foundation piles.
- 21 cards are dealt into the remaining foundation spaces. Until moved, cards that are not the correct first cards for foundations will block foundations from being built on.
- 8 cards are dealt onto the reserve piles.
Top cards of the 8 reserve piles are available for play.
Click the stock to deal 1 card to each reserve pile. Empty foundation spaces must be filled first.
Discard all 8 Aces into the discard pile.
Every card played into the foundations will score.