Colonel solitaire rules
Play all cards into the foundation piles.
The 8 foundation piles are built upward in suit from Aces to Kings.
- The 36 tableau piles are arranged in 3 rows and 12 columns.
- The piles are built downward in suit.
- The lowest pile in each column is exposed for play. Higher piles in each column are blocked until the lower piles are removed.
- The top cards of piles are available for play onto foundations or exposed tableau piles in higher rows. Cards cannot be moved onto tableau piles in the same or lower rows.
- Any card may be played into empty tableau spaces in the top row. Spaces in the lower rows are not filled.
Cards are dealt 1 at a time from the stock pile to the waste pile.
The top card of the waste pile is available for play.
Every card played into the foundations will score.